Questions to Ask Your Doctor About the EMBLEM MRI
S-ICD Implant Procedure
What’s involved during the implant procedure? How long will it take you to recover? The questions below can help you get the answers you’re looking for.
- How should I prepare for the implant procedure?
- What is the procedure for implanting an EMBLEM MRI S-ICD?
- What are the risks involved with implanting the device?
- What happens immediately after implantations?
- How do I know if my EMBLEM MRI S-ICD System is working correctly?
- When and where will the implantation take place?
- Should I continue to take my medication, particularly blood thinners?
- Will the implantation require local or general anesthesia?
- How long will the procedure take?
- How long do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How do I take care of the wound?
- Are there any restrictions on movement or physical activities?
- Are there any warnings signs to look out for?
- What action should I take if I experience warning signs?
- Will I be sore after the implantation? How long will this last?
- Can I participate in a rehabilitation program?
- When can I return to normal activities?
- Will I be able to feel the implanted EMBLEM MRI S-ICD System?
Other questions to explore:
Hear from S-ICD System patients
Meet real S-ICD System patients as they share their stories and personal journeys.