Questions to Ask Your Doctor About the EMBLEM MRI
S-ICD Implant Procedure
Use This Support Tool
Print and share: Need help talking to your doctor about the implant procedure? Use your browser’s print function or the email button to share these questions with your doctor.
What’s involved during the implant procedure? How long will it take you to recover? The questions below can help you get the answers you’re looking for.
- How should I prepare for the implant procedure?
- What is the procedure for implanting an EMBLEM MRI S-ICD?
- What are the risks involved with implanting the device?
- What happens immediately after implantations?
- How do I know if my EMBLEM MRI S-ICD System is working correctly?
- When and where will the implantation take place?
- Should I continue to take my medication, particularly blood thinners?
- Will the implantation require local or general anesthesia?
- How long will the procedure take?
- How long do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How do I take care of the wound?
- Are there any restrictions on movement or physical activities?
- Are there any warnings signs to look out for?
- What action should I take if I experience warning signs?
- Will I be sore after the implantation? How long will this last?
- Can I participate in a rehabilitation program?
- When can I return to normal activities?
- Will I be able to feel the implanted EMBLEM MRI S-ICD System?
Other questions to explore:
Find a Doctor
Find an electrophysiologist in your area trained and experienced in the cutting-edge EMBLEM MRI S-ICD technology.
Hear from S-ICD System patients
Meet real S-ICD System patients as they share their stories and personal journeys.